RCSD: Robber/Murder Suspect from 3 jurisdictions sought
Sheriff Leon Lott states that Jones has used a knife, pistol and shotgun; victimizing citizens and businesses – that he is tied to seven incidents since December 2013:
- Around midday on Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 8185 Brookfield Road, 29223 Jones and an unknown suspect kicked in the door to the residence. The Sheriff stated that upon entry Jones shot the male victim in the upper body; he was transported to Palmetto Health Richland Hospital in serious condition; the victim died on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 as a result of his wounds. Sheriff Leon Lott stated that Jones went to this location specifically to steal money and drugs from the victims. The Sheriff stated that Jones was captured on video surveillance equipment outside of the residence (video images from the residence can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/RCSDInvestigates please reference release number 0214 - 1743 on the right hand side).
- Around 11:00 AM on Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 3432 Woodbranch Road, 29206 Jones broke in to the residence by throwing an object through the rear kitchen window. Sheriff Leon Lott stated that Jones stole a wallet and the outside video surveillance camera. The Sheriff added that Jones damaged a chair outside the home and smashed a window pane. The Sheriff stated that Jones was captured on video surveillance equipment walking around the outside of the residence (video images from the residence can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/RCSDInvestigates please reference release number 0114 - 1723 on the right hand side).
- Around 9:40 PM on February 15, 2014 Jones entered the Dollar General at 6238 Two Notch Road. Jones talks with the employees for approximately 30 minutes and then puts a knife to the victim’s throat and robs the business.
- During the month of February Jones robbed three separate businesses in the City of Columbia.
- On December 24, 2013 Jones was arrested in connection with an armed robbery in Forest Acres – he received a bond and was released from of jail.
Sheriff Leon Lott stated that this is another example of repeat violent offenders victimizing our community; and the community and law enforcement are tired of it. Sheriff Leon Lott is asking that anyone with information on the location of Stanley Jones to please call Crimestoppers.
If you, or someone you know, have any information regarding any crime, you are encouraged to contact Crimestoppers. You could earn a reward up to $1,000.
Anonymous tips can be submitted to Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC. Texters can send anonymous tips to CRIMES (274637), and mark the beginning of the message with "TIPSC". Text STOP to 274637 to cancel. Text HELP to 274637 for help. Msg&Data Rates May Apply.
DO NOT attempt to approach, detain, follow or arrest any individual based on this web site's information. As information becomes dated it may become less accurate. Because some wanted persons are being sought for crimes of violence, or are known to be armed, all wanted persons should be considered dangerous. If you have information regarding the identity or whereabouts of any wanted person immediately contact Crime Stoppers or notify your local law enforcement agency.Site Design & Maintenance:
© Copyright Midlands Crimestoppers. All Rights Reserved.